Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chocolate coffee weiner

It has been a while since I last made Chocolate Cake.  I was at my parents in law and was browsing her German cake books and came across a delicious looking Austrian Chocolate Cake ( Wiener Sachertorte)

I returned home and made the cake but,  I somehow did not like the texture of the cake. I guess its just personal.  Anyway, I make a new chocolate cake with a different recipe but with the same twist.  I was sooo happy that it turn out great and I think at that time I could have eaten the whole cake to myself. 

I am actually drooling right now!!!!

I name it :
Chocolate Coffee Weiner
275gm Butter
250gm Flour
75gm Cocoa Powder
25gm Instant Coffee
1tsp Vanilla Essence
4eggs + 2 egg yolk only
350gm Fine crystal sugar
1 1/3 cup of Ice water
1 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda

Method:
Beat butter and sugar till light and frothy.  Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
Mix flour, bicarbonate soda and cocoa powder.  Add into batter alternately with ice water.
Pour batter in cake tin.

Preheated oven at 180 Celsius for around 45min - 1 hour.

Easy eh!

Now the surprise is..... Once the cake is absolutely cooled off, slice it horizontally and spread the apricot jam in between cakes, top and sides.  Let it set for around 10 minutes in the fridge.  Take it out and now you can spread the Chocolate Ganache!

Apricot Jam
Your own choice of brand - scoop into a pan mash it with fork and warm it on low fire before spreading it.


No comments:

Post a Comment